NGOhub cares about your privacy
ngohub.asia, respects the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data. This Privacy Notice formulated in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("Act"). For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, "Personal Data" shall have the meaning as ascribed to it in the Act, “we” shall refer to NGOhub Asia and “you” shall refer to yourself and such other persons or organizations represented by you of which you are providing the Personal Data.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTED
The Personal Data about you which we may collect via print and digital channels (including but not limited to Platform, Social Media and Mobile Apps) includes:
- Information collected when you register or update an online profile or when you fill in or update your information with us, which may include personal data such as your photograph, name, and contact details;
- The contents of all printed and electronic forms or documents submitted to us via printed collateral or forms, the Platform and any digital and mobile Platforms (eg. Email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, Viber and any social media and apps), including identity documents and proof of address;
- Information input or submitted to online facilities such as search tools and calculators;
- Personalization preferences you select as you use digital and mobile Platforms;
- Information submitted if you participate in survey or competition whether via online or otherwise;
- Any messages or comments you submit to us via the Group’s Platform or in whatever manner, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number;
- Information obtained independently by the organization from other lawful sources; and
- The contents of all forms and/or documents submitted and/or collected by the Organization.
2. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
By providing any of your Personal Data, whether via online or otherwise, you hereby agree that we shall collect, retain and use the Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Providing you with services or benefits under any of policies; and/or
- Processing your application under any of the Platform’s program; and/or
- Where relevant, marketing of goods and services and sending any updates, promotional material and/or commercial material to you (including emails, short message services or other means) and/or to be used in, to provide and/or improve the services of the Platform, and providing other services to enhance and support the relationship of the Platform and you and/or such other persons or companies represented by you; and/or
- Providing a report to a campaign or an event supporting an organization to whom you have made a donation or to a fundraiser to whom you have made a donation, supported a project or became a volunteer (even if you have marked the donation as anonymous); and/or
- Providing a report to a partner or campaign owner who is helping promote an organization or an event supporting a campaign to whom you have made a donation, including your name, email address, or other similar information; and/or
- Conducting research on planning, services, security and testing; and/or
- Carrying out matching procedure in accordance with the law; and/or
- Performing statistical analysis for various objectives in the Platform and providing this information within it; and/or
- Purposes connected with the operation, administration, development, record-keeping or enhancement of the Platform’s business including for the purpose of which is relevant to support and/or assist in Platform; and/or
- Where required by law, where we consider that such use or disclosure is necessary to respond to any claims or legal process, or where we suspect that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and/or
- Purposes connected with the enforcement of our rights pursuant to any letter, agreement and/or document including seeking legal advice, taking any preliminary steps or commencing any legal action; and/or
- Making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law; and/or
- Customer loyalty programs.
We may either contact you for the purpose as set out in (2) above via telephone calls, emails, short message services, social media or by whatsoever form of available communication.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE
The Group uses and discloses aggregated non-personally identifying information collected by us as part of the Group’s process of constantly improving the Group’s Platform, our business and/or the Group’s business.
4. IMPACT OF NON PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA
Please note that in the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to the Group then your application or request to the Group for any of the above purposes as set out in (2) above may not be accepted or acted upon or your request to browse some information on the Platform may be denied or we will not be able to provide the full range of benefits and/or services and/or perform its obligations under any potential or existing contract with you.
5. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF THE PERSONAL DATA
- Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or stored in servers located in or outside Malaysia and operated in or outside Malaysia.
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated in (2) above or is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements or to protect the our interests.
- The Platform does not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by it.
6. HOW WE HANDLE EMAIL AND “CONTACT US” MESSAGES
- We may preserve the content of any email or "Contact us" or other electronic message that the Platform receives.
- Any personal data contained in those messages will only be used or disclosed in ways set out in this Privacy Notice.
- The message content may be monitored by the Platform’s service providers or employees for purposes including compliance, auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
7. COMMUNICATION OR UTILIZATION DATA
- Through your use of telecommunications services to access the Platform, your communications data (e.g. Internet protocol address) or utilization data (e.g. information on the beginning, end and extent of each access, and information on the telecommunications services you accessed) are technically generated and could conceivably relate to Personal Data.
- To the extent that there is a compelling necessity, the collection, processing and use of your communications or utilization data will occur and will be performed in accordance with the Act.
8. NON-PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
- When you access the Platform, it may automatically (i.e., not by registration) collect non-personal data (e.g. type of Internet browser and operating system used, domain name of the Platform from which you came, number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed).
- The Platform may use this data to monitor the attractiveness of the Platform and to improve their performance or content.
- When you view the Platform, it may store some data on your computer in the form of a "cookie" to automatically recognize your personal computer next time you visit.
- Cookies can help the Platform in many ways, for example, by allowing it to tailor a Platform to better match your interests or to store your password to save you having to re-enter it each time.
- If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
- Personal Data held by the Platform will be kept confidential in accordance with this Privacy Notice pursuant to any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.
- Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data submitted to us in whatever manner (including those sent or posted in the Platform) will be deemed voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
- The Platform reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely as set out in (C) above.
11. SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
- The Platform uses a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data.
- For the internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while the Platform strives to protect such Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any Personal Data comes into the Platforms possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- A username and password may be essential for you to use some sections of the Group’s Platform. For your own protection, it requires you to keep these confidential and to change your password regularly (if required).
- The Platform may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, such as for example by clicking on the link of an event, you leave the Platform and the it does not exercise control over any Personal Data or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left the Platform.
13. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
- Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by the Platform and you may request that the Platform correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, subject to any applicable legal restrictions and contractual conditions.
- If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the Platform for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes as set out in (2) you may send your request in writing at the following address:
Address: A-22-12, Platinum Lake Condo PV13, Jalan Danau Saujana 1, Taman Danau Kota, 53300, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Telephone Number: +6018-222-4247