For the past 20 years, Positive Living Community under its various entities; has provides shelter, care and support to homeless men with HIV/AIDS who are especially vulnerable due to:
• Advanced stages of AIDS
• Drug addiction
• Physical and/or mental handicap caused by their illness.
Our vision is to enable homeless persons physically, psychologically and socially affected by HIV/AIDS to acquire a new lease of life in a caring and homely environment that restores their human dignity.
• Provide a safe shelter free from negative impact of stigmatization and discrimination
• Enable those in advanced stages of their illness to access life saving treatment from primary health care system
• Give special assistance to those with drug or alcohol dependency so that they can access treatment to improve their health condition.
• Assist residents to reconcile with family
• Provide an avenue for society to overcome prejudice of HIV/AIDS thru engagement with the residents
Currently, we provide shelter services to 60 men, 40 of whom have HIV/AIDS. We have 3 welfare homes in Batu Arang, Selangor that provide continuum of care to residents at different stages of their needs and management of their recovery. Our shelters provide the following services respectively: